Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Selling God

Some bible people showed up at my door just now. I could tell they were bible people because... see.. get this: they had bibles in their hands. Of course, I could be wrong. They could have had any books about that size (bigger than a paperback, smaller than a hardback) with that special bendy, well used leather cover, but I was figuring that they were bibles. One of each, Male/Female, so I'm taking the staggering leap and guessing that they were not Mormons. Also, they didn't have the little name tags that the Mormon guys wear. Although, the guy was sorta cute, in a Keanu reeves kinda way. But I'm guessing they were JW's. they might have been Baptists, but I'm really thinking they were JW's, because my neighbor has been entertaining some JW's for a couple weeks now. I mean, you get well dressed people, wearing relatively conservative clothing, with books in their hands, and my first thought is not "hey, the Library Police are here about that magazine I said I lost."

I answered the door, said "Hello?" and the (kinda cute) guy said "How are you" and that's the point I noticed the bible-y type books, and remembered my neighbor.

Now, I could have been very polite, and said "how can I help you" and listened to their spiel, but the Husband was sleeping, the dog was barking, and I really had to get going on my long eventfull day ahead of me of cleaning, cleaning, and driving to Mansfield and back because I? am Taxi-Mom.

I could also have been a bitch, and jumped their shit for peddling their religion like it was a magazine subscription, but... I decided that hey, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. As much as I really really detest the idea of walking up to someone's home and bothering them just to try and tell them that their beliefs are just wrong and mine are right, I gotta admit that not everyone feels the way I do. See how that works? Hello? I'm looking at you, evengelical-fundamentalist types. So I just said "Sorry, I'm not interested." and shut the door. You know what they did, those Crazy Crazy JW's??

they walked away. simple as that. Now, if they come back I'll have to revise my opinion, but as it stands...

That wasn't so bad, was it?

I'm still getting a Flying Spaghetti Monster sticker for my door.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger mo-wo said...

So lurking librarian asks.. the magazine she 'says' she lost... sounds like she still has it????

KIT when we come for the books we look like this. For chrissakes don't get us mixed up with the jay-dubs, please.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger kitsunekaze said...

LOL! cool looking -- what IS that, anyway? bike? moped?

the magazine? um... I'm pleading the fifth.

(and how funny is it that my "word verification is 'vorky'? I'm going to have to fit that into my vocabulary now. vorky.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home