Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's so fun to be me.

To start my week off right, my youngest decided to forget to take a bath Sunday night. So I had to give him a shower Monday morning, a prospect that as anyone who has ever had to get pokey kids ready for school in the morning knows, did not thrill.

So, he gets up there, pulls off his shirt, and reveals....

chicken pox.

joy.

Soooo come to find out that his pediatrician? has moved. A couple of towns away. what was 5 mins. in the car would now be a 30 min trek on the freeway. What was a small practice with one doctor, one receptionist, and a couple of nurses has become a huge multipractice with a major switchboard capable of keeping one on hold for at least 15 minutes. probably longer. It took that long for me to hang up and try the cancer clinic, in the vain hope that they would be able to tell me SOMETHING.

They could. they told me to keep him the hell away from them. (ok, they were a bit more polite.) So, I finally get through to his former pediatrician's office, and talk to some nurse who was reading the chicken pox information off of an online manual. Which, btw, I could have found myself, much faster, by google-ing. Just saying.

So, chicken pox boy and me are hanging out.

Now, the PLAN was to go to the in-laws for T-day. However, now the PLAN was for husbandguy and the other two boys to go to the in-laws for T-day.

except the man-boy (who is doomed) had already decided that he was eating turkey at his in-laws.. I mean, girlfriend's house. So it would be just Husbandguy and midkid going down to the in-laws, where they are supposed to load up on turkey to bring back to those of us who have to stay home.

Till this morning, when husbandguy decided that he wasn't about to brave 40 mph winds, snow and ice to drive 100 some miles one way for turkey.

THE PLAN, once again, went into the dumpster.

So, at 8:30 this morning, I was informed that no one will be bringing me back turkey and trimmings, and that if I want Thanksgiving dinner, I'm going to have to make it myself.

joy.

yay.

Can y'all SENSE the enthusiasm wafting over the intarweb?

me neither.

So, I went out this morning, bought all the crap I needed to buy to make T-day, and get to eat late. and clean up. and cook.

on the plus side, chicken pox boy seems to be over the worst part, partly because, as I was putting lotion on his pox, he pointed out a scabbed over one on his hip and said "oh yeah, that was there Sunday or Saturday."

thanks, kid. that's great. Whose house were you playing over at on Saturday and Sunday? That's my boy! spreading disease and pestilence with great holiday gusto.

Soo.. any takers on how interesting my Yule celebrations are going to be?

I gotta go take pie number one out of the oven now.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home