Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Part two

The second time my bc failed, I was with a man that I had chosen for, among other things, his parenting qualities. He was fantastic with my 6 year old son, sweet, optimistic, sincere, and I still love him.

At the time I was 28, had just been laid off from my job, was living in a new city, had been with lover for over a year, and was looking for a summer job. then I discovered that a condom had broken at some point, and we missed it, or that one had leaked, or whatever, but.. hey. The stick was so pink, I'm suprised it didn't come with it's own Barbie.

We discussed it, and decided (for better or worse) that we could manage a baby. Okay, so insanity runs in the family, and I was yet again having a child that I could not support (having no health insurance) but this time I had the father on my side, we were a team, rah rah rah.

Called up the local "abortion alternaticve" center and asked them if they could help me, thinking, oh, that they would be able to supply prenatal vitamins, prenatal care, maybe some maternity clothes, affordable daycare for my infant when I went back to work.

WTF was I thinking? like I said.. insanity. the convo went something like this:

Me: "Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. See, I don't have any health insurance, and I'm pregnant, we want to keep the baby, I already have one child, what can you do for me?"

Numbnuts AA: "We can give you a layette and help you sign up for welfare."

Me: "..."

yep... lotsa help from those freaks. I signed up for Healthy Start and WIC my own damn self, thanks anyway. The layette I still had from my FIRST child, did I mention that I ALREADY HAVE A KID? yes? good.

At any rate, Lover and I decided that since we were getting married anyway, we might as well do it now, and not wait a couple more years, like we had originally planned. I was 6 months preggers at my wedding, and if anyone had something to say, they could stuff it. Fortunately I had left the Catholic Church by this point, so I didn't have to put up with any flak from a "pro-life" church... We had a UU minister.

Remember how I was gonna get a summer job? That went down the tubes fast, as I had a high risk pregnancy. Aparantly my body just DOES NOT deal with spawn very well.

but midkid was delivered after I was induced, in the middle of a freaking snowstorm, right before the superbowl.

9 lbs, 15 1/2 oz. VBAC.

I deserve a freaking medal.

Favorite quote from midkid?
"Squaredancing is a humiliation to my life."

Gotta love a kid who hates squaredancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home