Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I want my country back

Today, I drove down to >insert college town here< to pick up my son, and on the way back, wedecided to stop off at the grocery store to pick up a few items. One item I'd been looking for for a while now was matches, in the box. They used to be with the grill stuff/paper plates in the paper stuff section, but when I went to find them for the last few months, they haven't been there.

So, I happen to look at the very bottom shelf of the impulse item shelf at the end of the checkout line, and there are the matches. Gee, that was really easy to find, your grocery store morons.

But.. it gets better. We used the scan-it-yourself aisle, because the other aisles were all pretty full, and we only had about 6 things.

the machine hung up because, get this: matches are an "age restricted item."

What the fuck?

matches? since when are matches an age restricted item? holy shit!

You have to show fucking ID to get allergy meds, for shit's sake, and you can't even get them during late store hours, you have to fuck around at the pharmacy to get fucking sudafed, for shit's sake, which used to come nice and cheap, and now only comes in expensive name brand so thank you, you congressional assmonkies, and now you have to show proof that you're 18 to buy fucking MATCHES??

I want my country back. I want the stupid nannystate bullshit to fucking stop allready.

this is insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home